Just in time for cuffing season and winter snuggles, we put together a list of some amazing products that we consider the best CBD for sex. From arousal oils to CBD lube, these products can help make sex even better.
Is your sex life losing its charm? Looking for ideas on how to spice things up in the bedroom with your partner? CBD may be the answer to your problems. CBD has garnered quite a lot of attention in the wellness market with its wide range of benefits. You can also see CBD on the ingredient label of several sexual health products. But why do these products contain CBD? Can CBD actually improve your sex life? Keep reading to discover the potential sexual benefits of CBD.
What Are the Benefits of CBD for Sex?
CBD can improve sexual performance by reducing stress in your body and improving orgasms in females. It may also aid men who are dealing with erectile dysfunction by regulating blood flow to their reproductive organs. A high amount of cannabinoid receptors are present in the human body’s sexual tissues and reproductive organs. These receptors need blood to activate so the body can produce natural lubrication. Here, CBD can act as the perfect agent. CBD can sufficiently increase blood flow to these tissues and help sexually-challenged men and women get their groove back. CBD lubricants may also alleviate feelings of severe muscle spasm or joint subluxation, both during and after sex.
Related article: the Benefits of Ashwagandha for Sexual Health.
Reasons to Recommend CBD for Sex
There are a number of reasons why CBD and THC products are used to boost sex drive, improve performance, and make ‘doing it’ more fun for both women and men. Let’s make a quick list:
- Cannabinoids reduce stress. CBD and THC have long been hailed for their relaxing effects. Since stress often gets in the way of wanting to have sex, these products can help decrease stress and increase sex drive.
- Cannabinoids can decrease performance anxiety. Because CBD can reduce anxiety, which is one of the main reasons for low performance in bed, consuming CBD can ultimately keep your brain and body relaxed. Ultimately, this helps decrease sexual performance anxiety.
- Cannabinoids activate the right hormones. CBD, weed, or THC work by activating CB1 and CB2 receptors which are linked to the release of dopamine, oxytocin, and the progestin hormone.
- Cannabinoids help stimulate the entire body. CBD is a non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant, while THC is the plant’s psychoactive component that causes the feeling of a mind-altering “high.” These cannabinoids work by coming in contact with our endocannabinoid system. Our endocannabinoid receptors are spread throughout our body, including our nervous and reproductive systems.
- Cannabinoids can be used as a natural lubricant. Poor lubrication is a common cause of low sex drive. So, using a topical spray, CBD oil, cream, or gel is a natural way to lubricate and stimulate the skin.
- Cannabinoids can help with erectile dysfunction. Studies have shown that CBD products result in an improvement of erectile dysfunction by regulating the blood flow towards the penis. More studies are required to prove the benefit of CBD on a clinical level to be used as a treatment for ED.
- Cannabinoids can alleviate discomfort. It is also a natural painkiller that can reduce chronic pain experienced by some women during sex. This pain can be caused by endometriosis, poor lubrication, or increased stress in your body. The anti-inflammatory effects of CBD and THC may reduce inflammation as well, ensuring that sex a lot more enjoyable and comfortable.
Can CBD Really Improve Your Sex Drive?
CBD and THC can largely improve the quality of your sex life, primarily by reducing stress. Stress is a leading factor in lower sex drives. It’s a major “you know what” blocker that reduces the urge for intimacy and affects your performance in bed. That is, if you do nothing about it.
If you want to relax your muscles, calm your brain, and increase your libido before getting jiggy with it, take a little CBD. It gets the job done. Don’t worry, it comes with no potential side effects. Therefore, it is a must-try for experiencing more pleasurable outcomes in bed.
What Does the Research Show about CBD and Sex Drive?
The studies about CBD improving your sex life are still quite unclear. One study published in 2019 revealed the positive effects of CBD for female orgasms. According to the research, more women felt an increase in their sex drive, experienced better orgasms, and felt less pain during sex.
However, a 2015 study about the use of CBD showed a decreased libido in men. This research suggests that the effects of CBD can be subjective from one male to another, but a loss in libido is the most common by way of continuous CBD and THC usage.
What You Should Know About Using CBD for Better Sex
If you have decided to use CBD to improve your sexual performance, then there are a few factors you need to consider.
Only Buy Quality CBD Products
It is important to buy high-quality CBD products with safe THC levels. Make sure to thoroughly check the labels of these products for potency and all the other ingredients. Most high-quality brands sell third-party tested products that determine the correct potency, contaminants, and THC levels.
Find Your Ideal Dose
The ideal dose of CBD for an individual depends on a number of factors, including:
- Body weight
- Reason for use
- Body chemistry
- Concentration of CBD
As a rule of thumb, you can start with 20 to 40 mg of CBD per day and increase only 5 mg at a time as you go.
Time the Use of CBD Before Sex
You can take THC-free CBD to improve your general health at any time of day. If you are taking full-spectrum CBD, it’s best to take it 60 to 90 minutes before your evening fun. You can also use CBD transdermal patches for a long-term effect.
Depending on your method of consumption, CBD can take complete effect within a matter of 90 minutes. Some CBD or cannabis plant products, like CBD oils and CBD vapes, absorb quickly in your bloodstream. Other products, like CBD topicals, capsules, and gummies infused with CBD have a longer onset time. That’s why it’s ideal to take CBD an hour prior to sexual escapades.
Have You Tried CBD for Sex?
What did you think? We would love to hear about your experience and if it helped you and your partner. Let us know in the comments below!
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.