See Burman's Health Shop is proud to partner with Vegan Chef Sherimane of NaturallySweet Desserts and Night Owl Vegan. Her recipe for vegan CBD-infused Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts is soo delicious (and healthy) - you can't even tell it is vegan!
Visit Sherimane's site to learn more about creative ways to cook with CBD and make healthy and delicious desserts.www.naturallysweetdesserts.com or follow her @sweetzbaker on Instagram.
COOKING WITH CBD FLOWER
Vegan CBD Infused Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop Tart
Created by Vegan Chef Sherimane of NaturallySweet Desserts & Night Owl Vegan
Peanut Butter Filling
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons Earth Balance (vegan butter)
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
3 ½ cups flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened 100% cocoa powder
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (blended to a fine powder in the food processor)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sticks of cold Earth Balance cut into (12) 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup ice cold water
CBD Infused Dark Chocolate Frosting & Peanut butter drizzle
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
2 tablespoons 100% cocoa powder
3-6 tablespoons water
2 ounces dark chocolate melted
2 teaspoons CBD infused grapeseed oil
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed
Pink himalayan salt or turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the peanut butter fudge filling, beat together the peanut butter, 2 tablespoons butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla bean paste in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Add chunks of the butter and mix with a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture is crumbly. Gradually add the water until the mixture is moistened and a dough forms. Place the dough in between two large sheets of parchment paper or onto a lightly floured surface. Then roll out into a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut the dough into rectangles, about 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Place a heaping tablespoon of the peanut butter filling on one half of the rectangle. Lay the other half of the dough over the filling and seal the edges by crimping with the back of a fork. Repeat until all the dough has been used, saving the scraps and re-rolling to make more rectangles. Cover the baking sheets and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the pop-tarts for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- While the pop-tarts cool make the frosting. In the bowl of stand mixer, mix the powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste, cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons water until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate and 1 teaspoon CBD infused grapeseed oil. If your frosting seems too thick, add water to thin.
- Spoon a thin layer of the frosting on top of the cooled pop-tarts. Allow frosting to harden 10 minutes, Add 1 teaspoon CBD infused grapeseed oil to the warmed peanut butter, add to a pastry bag, cut of the end of the pastry bag, add the infused peanut butter and drizzle ontop of the cooled pop tart. Sprinkle with pink himalyian salt or turbinado sugar. Place on a baking sheet and allow the tart to harden uncovered, about 2 hours. Store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
CDB flower supplied by EndoCure, Cascade strain. Available at Burman’s Health Shop & CBD Store in Brookhaven, PA. For more information on product, please visit www.burmanshealthshop.com.